- What type of pet(s) do you have and how many?
- Are you able to provide a reference from a previous Landlord or a professional such as a Vet?
- Are your pets vaccinated and treated for fleas and worms?
- Is your cat trained with a litter tray?
- Does your cat go outside or is it a house cat?
- Will you need a cat flap?
- Do you regularly exercise your dog?
- Is your dog left a lot at home alone?
- Is your dog toilet trained? Has your dog attended behaviour training classes?
Ask for a Pet Reference
If you are uncertain about letting to tenants with pets, ask for a pet reference from their previous Landlord.
The key points are as follows:
- How long did you live in your previous property with your pet?
- Was the tenant a responsible pet owner?
- Were the pets well behaved and was there any damage? Did anyone complain about the pets?
At Pets Lets we relocate clients from all over the world. We can answer any queries you may have about renting to people with dogs and cats. Try listing your London property on our portal for free.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.